A year in photos



Well hello, 

I haven't written in a long time. The last time that I wrote was just before I enroled law school. As you can imagine law school is very demanding. It brought me so many new things, big responsibilities, a new city and amazing new people. The only thing that I've done in the last 10 months was studying, reading, a little more studying and a few days of "relaxing". But honestly I didn't mind it that much. In between all the classes, studying, meeting new people and getting to know a new city I didn't catch the time to blog. First few months were rough. Nothing was going the way I wanted it to go. I thought maybe law school was not for me, since that was not my first choice. I couldn't see myself in that field and at one point I thought of giving up. I am so glad I didn't give up and pushed even harder. It took lots of giving up things that I loved and enjoyed. Like blogging and photography. But in the end it was all worth it. I can proudly say that I have finished my whole first year. Now that I don't have classes for another couple of weeks I thought I would share my year in photos that I managed to capture during my first year at college.
Here it goes..

October 9th 2017, Rijeka

October 13th 2017
First few months that I came to Rijeka it was mostly raining and cold so I spent my time indoors studying so I don't have many photos of that time. The view from my apartment was pretty amazing, but I was mostly looking at the the view from the photo below.
November 1st 2017
November 25th 2017, Rijeka

 Rijeka is a port city but there are beautiful beaches. They are even better in winter months becouse there is nobody around. Very rarely I could take my camera out with me and come back with any good photos. It was raining constanty and the days were very short, which means small amount of "good light" time in the day plus a schedule of a law student equals no photos for a couple of months.



 
January 20th 2018, Rijeka












February 11th 2018, Rijeka

One thing Rijeka is know for is it's annual carnival, usually held the first or second weekend in February. People get dressed up in various costumes. It's pretty much a huge party in the city centre.



January 13th 2018, Rijeka
May 30th 2018, Velika Kopanica


May 23rd 2018, Velika Kopanica

For a while I didn't take a single photo so there is a bit of a time span. I was spending most of my time in the libary and my camera was sitting on the shelf in my room.









I took this photo of a tree in my backyard when I was home for a couple of days. That was a first time in a while that I picked up my camera.
 
 
May 27th 2018, Velika Kopanica


June 1st 2018, Rab
The island of Rab, on the way to the island of Pag
Novalja, Island of Pag

June 21st 2018, Rijeka
During finals week Croatia was playing in the Football World Cup in Russia. After a study session in the libary we decided to go watch the game in the city center with a bunch of other people.  As you can se people were celebrating because Croatia won. 

 
July 15th 2018, Velika Kopanica
August 8th 2018, Čakovec

August 12th 2018, Velika Kopanica


A impromptu self portrait photoshoot on my balcony during the sunset, probably the best time to take photos in the day. This was inbetween study sessions because I was studying for my fall term exams.
September 2nd 2018, Rijeka
This was taken just a few days before my fall term exams, for which I can say now, I PASSED!!
You could say I didn't have a "summer" at all. But honestly I don't care. I am so happy now. I know there will be so many more summers where I will be able to travel more and relax.

Thanks for reading!!
            Until next time, 
                        Ana



Primjedbe

Popularni postovi